WELCOME TO THE
FORT WORTH ACFE CHAPTER
Join us, as we take on fraud in Tarrant County.
The February 2020 monthly meeting will be held at the City Club in downtown Fort Worth. See the details below:
Holding Accountants Accountable offers a detailed review of Jeffrey Matthews' remarkable and often hair-raising journey as a forensic accountant and contains hard-won, practical advice to help accountants avoid being caught in unethical practices.
This program illustrates the common tendencies that so often hinder an accountant's ability to detect, deter, and prevent fraud and misconduct that could violate the standards and ethics of the accounting profession. Drawing on his years of experience, Matthews explains how accountants can avoid being subject to unethical and fraudulent practices, and helps practitioners:
· Recognize current and emerging trends to identify new areas of weakness
· Address time and budget constraints with effective delegation and supervision of lower-level staff
· Maintain a healthy dose of skepticism by ‘testing not accepting’
· Understand the effort and expertise required to perform an investigation before accepting engagements
· Avoid establishing biases and pre-determining outcomes before accepting assignments
301 Commerce Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Complimentary parking is available in the attached parking garages (Garage #1 on Commerce St just North of 2nd St intersection, and Garage #2 on Calhoun St just South of 3rd St intersection)